SEGway home > for educators > space science > about Classifying Galaxies > student questionnaire
grade ________age ________
1. What is a galaxy?
a. a cloud of gas held together by momentum
2. Where are galaxies found?
a. in the Milky Way
3. What do galaxies look like?
4. Edwin Hubble classified galaxies according to their
5. Which sequence of Hubble's class names is arranged from least elongated to most elongated?
a. E0 E3 E5
6. How are galaxies in the classes Sa, Sb, and Sc, different?
a. How bright they are
7. What does it mean to classify something?
1. Would you like to learn more about astronomy?
2. What was one thing you learned that you didn't know before?
3. Would you like to learn more about Earth and Space Science?
4. Did you tell anyone outside the class about the internet lesson?