The World Space Week message board and survey will re-open on Saturday, October 4, 2008, and will remain open until October 10. Please come back on that date to take part in our activities and participate in this message board. Thanks for your interest in our program!
This message board allows students and teachers to discuss their findings after doing their activities. It will also be open for teachers to ask questions -- either to get clarification on the activities or provide feedback on their experiences. Teachers and students can also ask space science questions on the message board that will be answered there when a scientist is available. Here are some questions you might want to discuss:
- Is the Sun always the same or does it change?
- If the Sun changes, in what ways does it change?
- What events on the Sun might influence the space around Earth and its atmosphere?
- How can we determine if some event on the Sun has affected the space around Earth and its atmosphere?
Post a message on the UC Berkeley and Stanford World Space Week Message Board Forum
It can take a minute for the page to load - please be patient and try again if you get an error. Thanks!
- Visit the message board
- Click on the “Forums” tab
- Click on the discussion topic you are interested in writing a message about, oron someone else’s message you would like to reply to
- Either click on the “Write a New Post” or “reply” button
- Fill in the subject and main body of the message
- Click on the “Post” button on the bottom of the page
- Wait for a moderator to approve the posting of your message
- Return to the Forum page by clicking on the "Forums" tab near the top of the page
- View people’s responses to your post by clicking on the original discussion topic to which you submitted your message and then clicking on your message
If you are 18 or older, we hope that you took our survey!
When you are done with these activities and the message board, fill out our survey and let us know who you are. If you are an educator, provide us with some idea of what you have done with students using this website. The survey is very short.