None of the existing textbooks completely fulfills the requirements of this high school course. There are nevertheless some textbooks that may be used as reference for teachers and students. The following is a partial list of such books.
- Michael Zeilik, "Conceptual Astronomy: A Journey of Ideas," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1993
- Brian Jones, "The Practical Astronomer," Simon and Schuster, 1990
- Theodore P. Snow, "Exploring the Dynamic Universe: An introduction to Astronomy," West Publishing Company, 1988
- Harold P. Coyle, et al., "Project Star: The Universe in Your Hands," Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, 1993
- Michael W. Friedlander, "Astronomy: From Stonehenge to Quasars," Prentice Hall, Inc., 1985
- William J. Kaufmann, "Universe," W. H. Freeman and Company, 1985
Other REFERENCE sources
Mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1995, The Regents of the University of
California. All rights reserved. For permission, email email@example.com.