Homework Assignment #1
Due Wed. May 29th at the beginning of class
- If you do not already have a personal on-line computer account, go to a campus computing center and set one up (for more information go to the Summer Sessions homepage:
http://www-summer.berkeley.edu/summer2002/index.html). The account will provide you with access to email and to the Internet. Then do the following:
- Learn how to use your email account.
- Send an email message to me: firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
- Student ID
- Email address where you can be reached during the summer session
- Telephone # where you can be reached during the summer session
- Status in School (e.g., freshman, sophomore, etc.)
- Previous science and math classes
- Please tell me why your are taking this class and what you hope to get out of it.
- Read Chapter 1 of The Cosmic Perspective (pp 1 - 35, skip pages 12-23 for now, we will come back to that section later).
- In complete English language sentences briefly answer the following Review Questions for Chapter 1 on page 36 of The Cosmic Perspective: # 2, 4, 5, and 12.
- Answer the following Problems from the end of Chapter 1 of The Cosmic Perspective: # 3, 4, and 14.
Back to Main Homework Page