SEGway home > for educators > solar system > about Best of the Solar System >student questionnaire
Gender: M F grade ________age ________
Best of the Solar System
1. Which planet is the closest to the sun?
2. Which is the largest planet?
3. Which planet has the brightest ring system?
4. If the image of a planet seen through a telescope looks like a smooth disk, it is because the planet is
a) covered with clouds
5. How can we distinguish planets from stars, using our unaided eyes?
a) planets don't twinkle
6. Tell how one planet got its name.
7. Name one thing that ancient astronomers knew about planets.
8. Look at this image of a planet:
Why is it NOT Jupiter?
Why is it NOT Neptune?
Why is it NOT Earth?
1. How would someone use the internet to learn about something?
2. When you use the internet to learn about something, do you usually
a) just what you wanted to know
3. What can you do to INCREASE the amount of information received?
4. What can you do to DECREASE the amount of information received?
5. What are some POSITIVE things about using the internet for research?
6. What are some NEGATIVE things about using the internet for research?
7. How is using the internet different from going to the library for research? (besides books instead of computers)
8. Would you use the internet for research on a different subject?
9. Which of the following do you use at home? (check all that apply)
video games ______ computer ______ Internet/Web browser ______
1. Would you like to learn more about the Solar System?
2. What was one thing you learned that you didn't know before?
3. Would you like to learn more about Earth and Space Science?
4. Did you tell anyone outside the class about the internet lesson?