SEGway home > for educators > sun-earth > about Auroras > student questionnaire
Gender: M F grade ________age ________
Auroras: Paintings in the Sky Student Questionnaire
1. What does an aurora look like from the ground?
a) millions of sparkling lights
2. What do auroras look like from space?
a) slowly waving curtains of light
3. What causes an aurora?
a) charged particles from the Earth hit atmospheric gases
4. Where can you see auroras on the Earth?
a) around the geographic poles of the Earth
5. Why are auroras different colors?
a) it depends on where the Earth is in its orbit around the Sun
1. How would someone use the internet to learn about something?
2. When you use the internet to learn about something, do you usually find out
a) just what you wanted to know
3. What can you do to INCREASE the amount of information received?
4. What can you do to DECREASE the amount of information received?
5. What are some POSITIVE things about using the internet for research?
6. What are some NEGATIVE things about using the internet for research?
7. How is using the internet different from going to the library for research? (besides books instead of computers)
8. Would you use the internet for research on a different subject?
9. Which of the following do you use at home? (check all that apply)
video games ______ computer ______ Internet/Web browser ______
1. Would you like to learn more about Auroras?
2. What was one thing you learned that you didn't know before?
3. Would you like to learn more about Earth and Space Science?
4. Did you tell anyone outside the class about the internet lesson?