Below is a list of all Heliophysics Educator Ambassador Program's satellite missions, followed by a brief content list of the educational materials presented on the individual mission's EPO website.
AIM (Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere) -- AIM is a NASA space mission designed to study the highest clouds in the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Find Educator Workshop Powerpoints, fun videos and handouts here
- Find Teacher-developed Lesson plans here
- Find Problem-based Learning modules here
- Find games like “Atmospheric Crossword Puzzle,”, Atmospheric Trivia Game, and Layers of the Atmosphere here
- Games and activities such as “Magnetic Pinball” and “Sorting the Universe” can be found here
- Download posters & lithographs, and see answers to frequently asked questions here
- Download the planetarium show, and how to request tactile materials for individuals with visual impairment here
- Find engaging workbooks for activities regarding the magnetosphere, for kids of all ages, K-12, here
- Find educational videos explaining magnetic dipole, earth’s magnetosphere here
- Find fun games and activities such as RBSP Memory Game, Avoid the Particle and Radiation Run, here
- Find classroom presentations ready to go, here
- Find related math problems geared towards students of all grade levels, 6-12, here
- Find the FAQ page for Radiation Belt Storm Probes Mission, here.
SDO (Solar Dynamics Observatory) -- SDO studies how solar activity is created and how space weather comes from that activity. Measurements of the interior of the Sun, the Sun's magnetic field, the hot plasma of the solar corona, and the irradiance that creates the ionospheres of the planets are SDO’s primary data products.
- Find SDO education program information and resources here: http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/epo/educators/
- Find teacher-developed lesson plans here: http://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/epo/activities.php
- Find NOVA’s interactive “Sun Lab” featuring SDO data here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/labs/lab/sun/
- Find classroom lessons for various grade levels, such as THEMIS-GEON User’s Guide, Magnetism and Electromagnetism, and much more, here.
- Find a presentation of the science behind magnetometer signatures by Dr. Peticolas, here.
- Find paper models of the TIMED spacecraft, mobiles, word puzzles, posters and much more on the TIMED EPO website.
- Find a summary of the Voyager mission and activities for grade 6-8 here.