SEGway home > for educators > solar system > about Best of the Solar System > worksheet I
Best of The Solar System -
- Part I
Before going to the computer: Answer the following questions to the best of your knowledge.
Which planets do you think are visible from Earth with the unaided human
2) What do you think planets look like when viewed from Earth with the unaided human eye?
3) Before the telescope was invented what were ancient astronomers able to learn about the planets?
4) When was the telescope first used to study astronomy?
5) What are some discoveries made with the telescope?
6) When did spacecraft first send back data and images from the planets?
7) What features do you think we can see in images of the planets?
At the computer : Instructions for Part I - Observing
: Instructions for Part I - Observing Images
will be working with one or two other students at the computer.
Each person must do the written work and it must be her or his own
will look at the following images: 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 17, 18, 20, 22, 23
your paper, write the following for each image . . .
you have finished looking at all of the images, read your description
© Copyright 2001 UC Regents.