> for educators > sun-earth
> about Graphing
Stratospheric Ozone >
Gender: M F grade ________age ________
Graphing Stratospheric Ozone
1. Many satellite images are in color. What do various colors mean?
a. Colors always show exactly what the satellite "saw"
2. What is a Dobson Unit?
a. A measure of the amount of aerosols released into the atmosphere.
3. When you make a graph, it is a good idea to do the following:
a. Make sure each axis is labeled and give the graph a title
4. Does the ozone layer change from season to season?
a. There is less ozone in the spring
5. How does sunlight affect the ozone layer?
a. Sunlight warms the ozone and causes storms
6. Where is the ozone hole located?
a. Over the Arctic
7. How does human activity affect the ozone layer?
a. Burning large tracts of rainforest harms the ozone
1. Would you like to learn more about the Earth's atmosphere?
2. What was one thing you learned that you didn't know before?
3. Would you like to learn more about Earth and Space Science?
4. Did you tell anyone outside the class about the internet lesson? Who? What
did you say?