Lesson Plan Title
In this Space, discuss and/or hyperlink the STUDENT ACTIVITIES of your lesson plan PROCEDURE.
Try to make each page a self-contained whole. Unless the lesson has only four or five student pages, or is strictly linear, it is a good idea to give students their own "Table of Contents" to help with navigation. This can be as simple as a list of small type links to each of the major lesson sections, which appears at the bottom of each page.
Every lesson should include:
- Goals: give students an idea what they should try to do, e.g.:
- demonstrate knowledge by predicting
- produce something
- solve a puzzle
- prepare and explanation
- report and discuss with others
- Clear instructions that will help them create a plan to reach the goal(s); this may include motivating a need to create their own:
- procedures and strategies
- One or more Internet tasks:
- Links to data sources, tools, or simulations
- Reference sources
- Searches and surveys
- Ways to share data and results with others using postings or email
- Consulting an expert via email
You may also want to include:
- Explanations, questions, and activities
- Homework assignments
- Electronic discussion forum (See Talk of the Town)
- Lesson extensions and "Where-to-go-next"
Back to lesson summary | Teacher Component