Third From the Sun
Detailed Learning Objectives
Objectives relate to National Science Education Standards, and can be
used as a tool for student assessment.
Learning goals of lesson segments
students should be able to
- use several skills and facts about Landsat to make inferences about
Landsat images. These might include, but are not limited to:
- determining distance scales using the image size and size of the area
- using distance scales to determine types of features from the imaged
size; is it a mountain or a molehill?
- distinguishing natural features from man made ones
- distinguishing topographic features from surface variations; is it a
valley or a shadow?
- interpreting the significance of color; are the colors literal, as in
a photograph, or do them have other meanings?
Have a science question? Visit our Ask an Expert page. Email questions or comments about SEGway resources to:firstname.lastname@example.org