> for educators > sun-earth
Sunspots >research proposal
Lesson Plan Resource Guide
Solar Research Proposal
Choose one part of this section and create a research program to investigates
some aspect of sunspots or another solar phenomenon that can affect the earth.
- Write about the goals of your research. What do
you want to find out? Why?
- Do you have a hypothesis or model? How
will the results of this investigation support or disconfirm this
- If you do not have a model or hypothesis,
what will you measure, and how would these measurements be used?
- Describe the instruments
you would need, such as a solar telescope or satellite equipped to make images in (visible, x-ray, radio, ultraviolet)
- How does this research rely on what is
already known about the sun?
- Project the results into the future to describe
the research's eventual impact on science and humanity.
©Copyright 2001 Regents of the University of California.